Document Creator is an add-on for developing report layouts in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. It makes report layouts easy to edit, saving a lot of time on report development. By the intuitive report designer and separation of code and layout, also end-users without technical knowledge can make changes to report layouts.
Document Creator includes an easy-to-use standalone report designer (based on proven technology, used since 1998, in >50 countries, by >20K users) enhanced with various features tailored to support natural and efficient report development for Dynamics 365 Business Central. The report designer is rich in functionality, think of the following features:
- Easily add fields and controls via drag & drop,
- Generate barcodes from a field/expression, with support for a large number of barcode types (including, but not limited to, Code39/93/128, EAN-8/13/128, UPC-A/E0/E1 and QR codes)
- Preview changes directly with data from Dynamics 365 Business Central,
- Export to various output file formats (including PDF, Word, Excel),
- Render HTML embedded in Text-objects,
- Use advanced controls, including Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), Subreports, Shapes, Charts and Rich Text.
Document Creator includes a Report Translations feature which supports the development of multilingual reports adding translations as data. Running reports that utilize this feature will automatically populate the translation table with new records for missing translations. Report translations can be flexibly edited by end-users on the Document Creator Translations page.
On top of that, Document Creator Export Profiles can be used to fine-tune export settings for reports with a Document Creator layout. Export reports as interactive PDF forms, change the quality of images and vector graphics, or specify whether Excel exports of a report should include the headers and footers.
Watch the video and discover all the benefits of Document Creator in less than 15 minutes.
Learn more about how to install and use Document Creator: