"Document Creator" AppLink
2.6.0 (2022-06-27) - AppLink
- Added support for license activation through the "Apportunix Subscriptions" page. You can now create a subscription for Document Creator directly from within Business Central, using the "Create Subscription" action on the "Apportunix Subscriptions" page. It is possible to activate the product with a product key as well (legacy).
The Apportunix Report Selection page has new options:
- There is a new Email Body Layout Name field which allows you to select a Document Creator or Word layout to use as the e-mail body for the report selection. You can use the drill-down of this field to open up the lookup for the configured report and select a different layout to use for the e-mail body. The Use for Email Body field will automatically be checked if you select an email body layout.
- There is a new Layout Name field which allows you to select a different report layout to use specifically for when the report is printed via this report selection record. Note that you could use this if you would like to use the same report for different report selection records, but with different report layouts. The Reset Layout action allows you to clear the selected layout.
- The Use for Email Attachment field is available on this page.
- There is a new Business Rel. Layout Selections action which opens a new page for the selected usage that allows you to view and edit specific report selections for business relations.
New Business Relation Layout Selections page
- In this page you have an overview of all business relations that have custom report/layout selections for a specific usage! (In the screenshot you see the custom sales order selections.) Normally you would need to first navigate to the customer/vendor card to view the selections per customer.
- This page has a Copy from Report Selection action to easily copy the 'main' settings to the selected record.
- You can specify an Email Body Layout Name and Layout Name for this customer/vendor specifically. You can also select Document Creator layouts for both of these, just like on the Apportunix Report Selection page.
Fixed weird behaviour of the Apportunix Report Selection page setting focus on the last record when the page is refreshed or saved.
- Fixed issue with "App ID" being copied to "Layout Settings" records of user-defined report layouts when using the Copy Layout action.
Fixed bug that Attach as PDF (e.g., on Sales Order page) was not working for Document Creator layouts.
Added New Layout... action to the Report Layouts and Document Creator User-Defined Report Layouts page, which replaces the New Blank Layout... action. This action first prompts you whether you want to create a new blank layout or base your new layout on an existing built-in/extension-provided report layout. By default, it opens with Copy from built-in layout selected.
Added support for new export settings:
- PDF Compliance, new option: "PDF/A-2u"
- Disable Section Break in Document (Default: false)
- Print Scale (Default: 10)
- Pinned Cells in X Ordinate (Default: 0)
- Pinned Cells in Y Ordinate (Default: 0)
- Use Preset Print Scale (Default: true)
- Show Gridlines (Default: true)
- Group on Separate Sheet (Default: false)
Added "License Active" field to the Document Creator Setup page (with drill-down to the "Apportunix Subscriptions" page)
- Fixed bug in reports for retrieving service costs with code longer than 10 characters.
2.4.0 (2022-05-03) - AppLink
- Changed conversion of custom report layouts to tenant report layouts so that converted report layouts can be used in all companies. If you run the conversion now, the resulting tenant report layouts can be used in all companies, so you do not need a company-specific copy for each company.
- Added new page Document Creator User-Defined Report Layouts which shows all Document Creator tenant report layouts with all relevant fields, factboxes and actions.
- Note that some actions are only enabled for report layouts that are not company-specific and/or for the current company. For example, the Run Report action can only be used if the report layout is loaded by Business Central for the current company.
- Added new Make Available to All Companies action to the Document Creator User-Defined Report Layouts page which allows you to update selected report layouts from being company-specific to being usable in all companies. You can use this action while having multiple layouts selected that are company-specific.
- Added Company Name field to the Report Layouts page, so that you can see whether a report layout is specific to a company.
- Raise an error/skip custom report layouts for processing-only reports in the conversion procedure.
2.2.0 (2022-04-28) - AppLink
AdditionalSearchTermsto "Report Layouts" page due to inconsistent translation of "Report Layouts" in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Added missing translation of the
Generaltab on the "Document Creator Export Profile" page.
- Added new event
wDCR_Setup.wlEvpOnBeforeGetUserLocaleIDto hook into determining the locale for the session running the report.
- Disabled automatic data upgrade of custom report layouts to tenant report layouts due to absent tracing for upgrade codeunits in Business Central.
2.0.0 (2022-03-25) - AppLink
Major release compatible with the major revisions to reporting in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2022 release wave 1 release (April 1st, 2022, version 20.0)
All features are now available on the new Report Layouts page.
Document Creator report layouts have "Layout Format"
Externaland "MIME Type"
"New Blank Layout" and "Copy Layout" actions added.
Layout packages support the new system report layout tables, but also allow export and import to/from older BC/Document Creator versions.
- Conversion from Custom Report Layouts to Tenant Report Layouts (manually from the Custom Report Layouts page and automatically when upgrading from a previous version of Document Creator)
- Legacy features hidden by default, can be made visible again with setting
Show Legacy Controlson the Document Creator Setup, but note that these are useless as the platform does not support the old events anymore unless the
EnableReportLegacyWordRendersetting is enabled on the BC server instance (which is only possible in an on-premise installation)
- Updated permission sets
- Updated translations of the Document Creator app
- Updated manual
Included document report objects in the Document Creator app including built-in/extension-provided, default (Document Creator) layouts.
Added the Apportunix Report Selection page, which allows you to manage all report selections in a single page.
Added the Layout Selection factbox page that allows you to view which layout is used for each company for the target report of the currently selected record.
Added Report Settings for the Document Creator reports.
Added Report Substitutions feature that allows one to replace one report with another, for document types that do not have a document report selection available.
1.44.0 (2022-02-18) - AppLink
Added support for company-specific PDF merges (e.g., stationeries, attachments per company)
Added Include Individual Layout Files setting to the Document Creator Setup page. When enabled exported layout packages will also include the individual
.dcrxDocument Creator layout files in the archive. (Disabled by default)
Added confirmation dialog for overwriting dataset extension on import.
- Different default file name for dataset extension XML export if only 1 dataset extension is selected (include report ID + caption).
- Resolved infinite recursion if node name in dataset extension was empty (which could only happen through an (erronous) export/import).
- Skip dataset extensions in export/import if essential fields are missing.
- Generate different default file name for Layout Packages if only 1 report layout is selected (include report ID + caption).
- Added Document Creator Setup Wizard to search.
Added Open Setup Wizard action to the Document Creator Setup page.
Changed image for the Download Designer action.
- Fixed video link in Assisted Setup to use an embed video link.
1.42.0 (2022-01-14) - AppLink
Added Export Dataset... action to all Dataset Extensions pages to generate a report dataset and export it to an XML file.
Added a Custom Report Layouts action to Custom Columns/Labels/Data Items pages to view or edit the Document Creator layouts for the report.
Added an Enum Inspector action to the Dataset Extensions "Filter Set" page to lookup members for enum table fields and view their ordinals, names and captions.
i. Invoke the Enum Inspector action:
ii. Select the enum table field for which you want to view the members and choose OK.
iii. The members of the enum will be shown in a list page.
Added Run Report action to the Document Creator Report Dataset Extensions page.
- Added an Export Profile action to the Custom Report Layouts page.
Scope = Repeaterfor various page actions.
- Fixed issue in Dataset Extension feature where a thousands separator was used for decimals which is not handled well for some user regions.
- Fix: Made sure that the PDF Merge feature also works in combination with the "Document Creator On-Premise" app.
1.40.0 (2022-01-11) - AppLink
New feature: Use PDF files as stationeries or append PDF files to your document report PDF outputs.
- Note that PDF merges incur additional time and usage costs for report generation.
- See PDF Merges for more information.
Fixed issue in Dataset Extension feature caused by passing decimals in XML format rather than passing them in the (incorrect) format that Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central adheres to (i.e., dependent on user culture/region) that is not in line with the XML standards.
Added "Document Creator Layouts" page view to the Custom Report Layouts page.
Added Document Creator pages to the Apportunix rolecenter.
Added tiles to the Apportunix rolecenter.
Added in-app guided tour for the Dataset Extensions "Filter Set" page.
Use new AL-defined permission set
WSB_DCR(with automatic data upgrade/migration).
Updated code for Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 wave 2 (e.g., resolved deprecation warnings).
- The app now takes a dependency on the "System Library", "Monet" and "PDF Merge" app to offer the newly added features.
1.36.0 (2021-11-18) - AppLink
- Added parameter
pCduTempBlobOutputDoc: Codeunit "Temp Blob"to event
wgEvpReportExecution_OnAfterSendReportRequestthat allows one to get the output document from Document Creator.
1.34.0 (2021-11-03) - AppLink
- Added various new event publishers to the app to hook into report execution (found in codeunit
- Added various new event publishers to customize file names, hook into the custom report layout archive functions and fast report layout selection.
- Marked various objects and procedures with
1.30.0 (2021-08-23) - AppLink
- New feature: Linking custom data items/columns to other custom columns in report dataset extensions. You can now go multiple levels deep with adding new columns and data items, now allowing you to include custom columns in filters.
- Shifted Document Creator Report Dataset Extensions to
DataPerCompany=false. An upgrade option is available from a notification in the role center and the Document Creator Report Dataset Extensions page.
- Added Assisted Setup entry with Document Creator Setup Wizard.
- Added field "Custom Node Count" to Filter Sets to allow you to check the number of custom nodes the filter set is being used by.
- Added "Test Filters" action that checks if your filters are incomplete or otherwise invalid. This same check is now also performed when reports are run, and if any errors are detected in the filters, then report execution will be aborted.
- Implemented Restrictions in filter sets.
- It is now possible to Cast boolean-, date- and option-/enum-fields for custom columns to different datatypes, e.g., use the caption of an option/enum or its numeric (integer) value. The translation for the column is based on the language specified through the "Language Code" column (which applies to all custom columns of the data item).
- The lookup for a filter's "Value Column" is now filtered on data type (by default).
- Fix for "Export Design" (without data) not working when dataset extensions exist for the report.
- Added "Remove Missing Datasources" setup field, to specify whether datasources and their relations should be removed automatically when the corresponding data items are removed from the report (Default: true).
- Updated XmlPort for importing/exporting translations to allow for
contexttags in trans-units.
- Updated telemetry for full + device user count.
1.28.0 (2021-05-14) - AppLink
New feature: Export / Import Document Creator translations to/from XLIFF translation files.
Fixes for Document Creator Report Dataset Extensions features:
- Blob fields should be calculated.
- Boolean fields should be formatted in XML format.
1.26.0 (2021-03-22) - AppLink
New feature: Document Creator Report Dataset Extensions!
Add your own columns, translatable labels and data items to reports from within your Business Central client without any report(extension) development!
For more information, see: Dataset Extensions
Changed permission set description to "Apportunix Document Creator".
1.24.0 (2021-02-01) - AppLink
The Document Creator Setup now includes a new Fall Back on Default Language setting. When this setting is enabled, Document Creator will fall back on the translation for the configured default language code if a translation for a language could not be found.
The Export Design action now remembers report request page settings.
- The Document Creator extension can now also be used in Sandbox Docker containers without a product key.
- The Document Creator app now has a transparent logo.
- Fix: Show warning about Translation Update Usage setting only once.
1.20.0 (2020-08-28) - AppLink
- Rebranding to Apportunix
- Enable Cloud Printers
1.18.0 (2020-05-28) - AppLink
- Added new Document Creator Export Profile settings:
- PDF - New PDF-Compliance option: PDF/A-1a
- Word - Print Optimized; Do not expand shift return
- Excel - Print Optimized; Split Pages; Font Scale; Print Scaling
1.16.0 (2020-03-23) - AppLink
- Updates to target application 16.0 (Dynamics 365 Business Central 2020 release Wave 1)
- Added action "Check License" to Document Creator Setup page for Production environments
- On-premise only: License check now also reports mismatch of the active and licensed BC Serial No.
1.12.0 (2020-02-14) - AppLink
- The demo/trial version is now active in Sandbox environments, also without a product key. Reports generated from a Sandbox environment will have a DEMO watermark.
- A new setting "Format Locale" is available on the Document Creator Setup page. With this setting you can specify regional settings, such as date and numeric format, that Document Creator should use.
- Show a message to on-premise users to inform about the requirement to install the additional "Document Creator On-Premise" extension for on-premise usage.
1.10.0 (2019-12-13) - AppLink
- When a Product Key is entered on the Document Creator Setup page, new-lines and spaces are stripped from the entered string.
- Overriding report actions via a Document Creator Export Profile has been deprecated and removed.
1.8.0 (2019-11-28) - AppLink
- Initial public release.
"Document Creator On-Premise" AppLink
1.40.0 (2022-02-18) - OnPremLink
- Dataset extensions are also applied for direct printing.
1.38.0 (2022-01-14) - OnPremLink
- Added "Export Design" action to RDLC Report Layout Conversion page.
- Added add-in installation notification to the Custom Report Layouts page as well.
- Moved to permission set extension for
WSB_DCRAL-defined permission set.
- Apportunix rolecenter extensions:
- "Document Creator Redirect Printer List"
- "RDLC Report Layout Conversion"
1.36.0 (2021-11-18) - OnPremLink
- Added new event
wgEvpReportExecutionOnPrem_OnBeforeHandlePrintReportto "Document Creator On-Premise" to hook into direct printing.
- Updated permission set for "Document Creator On-Premise"
- Updated message for failed license check for "Document Creator On-Premise"
1.34.0 (2021-11-03) - OnPremLink
- Change how Database Name is retrieved for on-premise to address issue with importing/exporting layout packages when working with an AzureSQL server database.
- Fixed online license check for on-premise installations.
1.32.0 (2021-10-11) - OnPremLink
- New enhancement/feature for on-premise direct printing: Redirect Printers
1.30.0 (2021-08-23) - OnPremLink
- A notification is displayed if the Document Creator Control Add-In still needs to be installed. You can invoke the installation from the notification.
1.24.0 (2021-02-01) - OnPremLink
- The columns in the dataset (e.g., Date-columns) use the culture that corresponds with the user's region that is configured in his/her Business Central settings. When a report is generated we are now passing this data culture along.
- The way fields are formatted (e.g., using "," vs. ".") on layouts is determined by the culture of the server. The Format Locale setting is now also available/visible and used for On-Premise so this can also be set to a different culture without changing the server's culture settings.
- Fix: "E-mail Product Updates" not sent to the API in Document Creator On-Premise for BC15 and up.
1.20.0 (2020-08-28) - OnPremLink
- Rebranding to Apportunix
- Enable On-Premise Direct Printing
- On-premise demo version: Do not show BC license mismatch warning
1.16.0 (2020-03-23) - OnPremLink
- License check now also reports mismatch of the active and licensed BC Serial No.
1.12.0 (2020-02-14) - OnPremLink
- Show a notification to on-premise users to inform about the requirement to install the additional "Document Creator On-Premise" extension for on-premise usage.
1.8.0 (2019-11-28) - OnPremLink
- Initial public release.
Report Engine / DesignerLink
1.33.0 (2022-06-28) - EngineLink
- Fixed bug with expressions caused by
PageNumberInfoclass not marked Serializable
1.32.0 (2022-06-27) - EngineLink
- Added support for activation/authentication with the API via an Apportunix account, next to Product key authentication.
- You can now activate the designer with an Apportunix account. (Credentials are stored in the Windows Credential Manager.)
MoveCssInlineoption to the HTML API for better support of e-mail bodies.
- When you export a layout file (
.dcrx) from the designer, while working from a design file (
.dcrd), the suggested file name will be based on the design file name.
- Updated base report engine and designer:
- Added new "Visual Studio" styled icons. You can switch between icon packs in the "View | Options | User Interface" tab (or, "File/Options/User Interface" if you use ribbon UI). The new icons are well suited for HiDPI screens.
- New option to search in the Data window.
- Added new "Expand All" and "Collapse All" options in the Data window.
- Added "AutoWidth" property to the Basic properties
- Added "ShiftMode" property to the Basic properties
- New "Backlight intersecting objects" setting
- New "Simplified display of DB fields" setting.
- New "Advanced Matrix" object type.
- New "Container" object type.
- New property: PictureObject.ImageSourceExpression, which allows to set an expression that contains the image.
- New property: PictureObject.ImageFormat, which allows to select the image storage format.
- New property: ReportPage.ExportAlias, which allows to set the page name when exporting to Excel.
- New barcode types:
- Deutsche Post Identcode
- Deutsche Post Leitcode
- SberBank QR code
- Japanese Post 4 - State Code
- GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional
- GS1 DataBar Limited
- GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional
- GS1 Databar Stacked
- The algorithm for converting RTF to report objects has been significantly improved.
- Added HiDPI support.
- Added the ability to add pictures or text by dragging and dropping from a browser
- New PDF/A-2u export-format
- New "Pinned Cells" option for Excel-exports.
- Fixed a bug where the designer crashes when the "StartNewPage" property is enabled for a PageHeader child band.
- Product keys containing whitespace are now rejected by the API
1.31.0 (2022-04-05) - EngineLink
- Added support for HTML-exports to the API
- Improved report rendering error messages by including the expression text in the message.
VisibleExpressionproperty is hidden for
ReportPageobjects in the designer.
- Uprade to ASP.NET 6 and EF6
1.30.0 (2021-11-16) - EngineLink
- On-Premise: By default use the default printer settings instead of the printer settings as defined in the layout.
1.29.0 (2021-07-28) - EngineLink
- Automatically remove missing datasources by default
- Make file-access errors more user-friendly
- Show Design File Name in the window title bar
- Data View Form: Subscribe to SizeChanged event at the end of the constructor to prevent potential resize issue.
1.28.0 (2021-05-14) - EngineLink
- Apportunix Logo
1.27.0 (2021-03-22) - EngineLink
- Document Creator Design (.dcrd) files are updated immediately after the user hits 'Save' (Save button, or Ctrl + S).
1.26.0 (2021-02-26) - EngineLink
- Time out has been increased to 60 seconds.
1.25.0 (2021-02-15) - EngineLink
- Data Culture and Formatting Culture added as properties for On-Premise.
1.24.0 (2021-02-11) - EngineLink
- Rebranding to Apportunix.
1.23.0 (2021-01-14) - EngineLink
The standalone designer now has the option to start a free (14-day) trial:
1.22.0 (2020-12-11) - EngineLink
The standalone designer now offers the following two commands:
- Save As... - Save the design file (.dcrd) to a different location.
- Export Layout As... - Save the layout file, as .dcrx (default) or .frx file, to a different location.
Cosmetic fix: The open file dialog now shows
*.dcrdas the default file name.
- The 'Watermark' class is marked as Serializable to prevent issues when it is used in codebehind.
1.20.0 (2020-08-28) - EngineLink
- Updated base report engine to 2020.3.0
- Fixed issue with changing color of object via dropdown
1.19.0 (2020-06-04) - EngineLink
- Fixed issue with VisibleExpression not always working due to serialization issue (SaaS)
1.18.0 (2020-05-28) - EngineLink
- Updated base report engine to 2020.2.13
- Support for new PDF/Word/Excel export-settings
1.17.0 (2020-02-13) - EngineLink
- Added a demo/trial version of the report engine that will produce reports with a DEMO watermark.
- Added option to change the format culture that will be used by the report engine.
- Fixed issue with the PrintOnBottom property not working as expected in some cases, e.g., in combination with RepeatOnEveryPage property.
- The standalone designer now properly refreshes datasources, relations and parameters and also sorts the columns in alphabetical order again.
1.16.0 (2020-01-20) - EngineLink
- Fixed an issue with decimals not being parsed correctly when reports were printed under a region with decimal formatting different from the report engine server.
1.15.0 (2019-11-20) - EngineLink
- Initial public release (for BC SaaS).
This section states the changes to the "Document Creator W1 Templates" app, which serve as templates, including source code.
If you are working with BC 20.0 and up and like to get started right away, please use the reports in the "Document Creator" app instead and use the Dataset Extensions feature (or
reportextension objects) to add additional fields, labels and data items where needed.
1.28.0 (2022-02-18) - ReportsLink
- Added Tracking Specification information of source documents to Warehouse Document reports, accounting for partial shipments.
QuantityHandledBasecolumns to reports accordingly.
TotAmountInclVATcolumn to reports.
- Added translated
CompanyCountryRegionNamecolumn to reports.
RequestedDeliveryDateheader columns to reports.
- Added translated
ItemDescriptioncolumn to reports.
- Fix for resetting
- Removed obsoleted procedures.
- Sort columns, procedures and variables.
1.24.0 (2021-11-26) - ReportsLink
- Added primary key fields for all data items.
- Updated for Business Central 2021 wave 2 (19.x)
- Removed deprecated and deleted
CurrencySymbolcolumns to reports.
Totaldataitem in reports.
VATCalculationTypeas text and integer to various reports.
wlFncCalcVATAmountLinesthat had wrong scope.
1.22.0 (2021-10-11) - ReportsLink
- Added Tracking Specification for Header and Lines to Assembly Order and Posted Assembly Order report.
falsefor "Document Creator Report Templates Setup" table. Schema Sync. Mode "Force" ❗ required when updating from 1.20.0.
- Updated setup manual.
1.20.0 (2021-09-23) - ReportsLink
- New report:
- Job Quote
- Added Custom Selections for "Job Quote" and "Service Item Worksheet" in "Document Creator Report Templates Setup" page.
- Show Lot/Serial No. defaults to true if no request page is used.
- New columns added to reports related to VAT-handling (Positive, VATBusPostingGroup, VATCalculationType, VATProdPostingGroup, lblIntraCommDeliveryText)
- Always add VAT Amount Lines even if total VAT Amount is zero. Update filters and visible expressions in layouts accordingly.
- Add Tracking Spec. to Posted Warehouse Shipment report.
- Date Text Format as enum with descriptive captions
- Added "Document Creator Report Templates Setup" as Manual Setup entry.
1.18.0 (2021-08-23) - ReportsLink
- New report:
- Sales Pro Forma Invoice
- Draft Invoice without Document Type filter (
- Company fields ((VAT) Registration No.) through dedicated procedures
VATClauseCodeadded to Lines
QtyToInvoiceadded to Lines
- Removed unused variables
SourceSubtypeNoadded to Whse. Docs
1.16.0 (2021-06-14) - ReportsLink
- New report:
- Sales Work Order
- Added new formatted Line Date text columns to all reports
- Added LanguageId column to all reports
- Added (Sales/Purch./Blanket) Order (Line) No. as column to reports
- Added (Order) Quantity Shipped + Outstanding Quantity to Sales Shipment report
TrackingSpecdataitem (i.e., Serial + Lot Nos.) on Sales Return Order Confirmation and Sales Credit Memo
1.14.0 (2021-04-06) - ReportsLink
- New reports:
- Issued Fin. Charge Memo
- Sales Blanket Order
- Purchase Blanket Order
- Transfer Order
- Transfer Shipment
- Transfer Receipt
- Sales Order Pick Instruction (Sales Picklist)
- Fix Purch. reports using Sales Comment Line
- Fields Item Tariff No. and Country of Origin added to Shipment and Receipt reports
- Fields Prepayment Order No. and Prepayment Invoice added
- Moved PageFooter contents to CopyLoop_Footer in layouts
- Updated translations
- Changed to Apportunix logo
- Added "Document Creator Report Templates Setup" page, which includes:
- Action "Update Report Selections" to set all report selections to the Document Creator Template Reports.
- Setting to enable loading item pictures in the reports.
- Setting to change the header dates to a different format.
1.12.0 (2021-02-11) - ReportsLink
- Added Warehouse and Assembly Report Templates.
- Added Contact Fields on all reports.
- Misc. implementation enhancements.
1.10.0 (2020-11-06) - ReportsLink
- Added Service Report Templates.
- Use a global procedure to determine the Date text-formatting that should be used for the date-columns in the reports.
- Resolved warnings from the latest AL compiler.
1.8.0 (2020-08-28) - ReportsLink
- Rebranding to Apportunix.
1.6.0 (2020-02-13) - ReportsLink
- Added a variety of columns and labels to the report objects.
- Fixed an issue with the Format-property of the TotalAmountInclVAT TextObject.
- Applied the LineHeightAuto property to a majority of the layout TextObjects.
1.4.0 (2019-10-22) - ReportsLink
- Initial public release.